Hey boys and girls, I’m getting close to finishing up on some new plugins and a major update for one of my popular ones and I really need your help! From my experience, not every WordPress install is exactly the same and I have to struggle with conflicting plugins, servers and even low-experienced users after releasing a new or updated plugin. So, I’m calling for volunteers that would be interested in testing out plugins before they are released into the wild.
What do I need to do?
I need you to test my plugins with WordPress 2.8.6 and up with popular plugins installed and note any compatibility or usability issues.
Why should I help you?
There are a few good reasons:
- Most plugins in the wild don’t work.
- Supporting the plugins will be easier in the future. (Remember, open source plugin development isn’t a paying gig…)
- Finding the issues I missed. This is where your extra set of eyes becomes helpful.
- You get access to plugins before they are release and you are credited for their successful deployment.
- For helping, you can have the option of a credit link on the plugin’s blog post or a link on the plugin’s administrative page.
How do I sign up?
To get started as a plugin tester, signup here!
Photo by escalepade.